It was just last week that we posted a collection of old Pat Robertson videos, but since he’s making news once again by saying the tragic earthquake in Haiti stems from the fact that the nation once “swore a pact to the Devil,” now seems like a good time to go back at take a look at some of Robertson’s most outrageous statements from recent years:
- Robertson and Falwell lay the blame for 9/11.
- Robertson says Muslims should be treated like “some fascist group.”
- Robertson says gays are on their way to hell.
- Robertson says hate crimes legislation would protect someone “who likes to have sex with ducks.”
- Robertson says all other religions worship “demonic powers.”
- Robertson’s advice to the GOP on handling the Rep. Mark Foley scandal: just say that it is “what gay people do so don’t worry about it.”
- Robertson says marriage equality is “so gross” it will lead to the end of our nation.
- Robertson reports that God told him to expect massive terrorist attacks on the United States in 2007, and lists the specific cities at risk.
- Robertson declares that the separation of church and state is “insane.”
- Robertson states that Ariel Sharon suffered a stroke because he was “dividing God’s land.”
- Robertson warned that President Bush was “asking for the wrath of God” for not adequately supporting Israel.
- Robertson explains that various natural disasters and weather events are God’s way of sending a message.
Explain to me again why incoming Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell invited Robertson to attend his inauguration. Or why Rep. Michele Bachmann, whom Robertson lauds as a “marvelous public servant,” is appearing on his program.