Truth in Action Ministries Warns of ‘Maoist-Style’ Instruction in Military after Don’t Ask Don’t Tell Repeal
Truth in Action Ministries has released their “2012 Issues Guide for Christian Voters” [PDF], which argues that federal spending on social services “goes against what the Bible says about caring for one’s own and others” and pushing for bans on abortion rights, stem cell research and emergency contraception. The group also warns of “radical judges” and an “out-of-control judiciary,” the “dangerous and destructive” health care reform law and the “false religion” of environmentalism.
But of course, no Religious Right voter guide goes without a section on gay rights, and Truth in Action Ministries tells members that END will “impose the homosexual political agenda on the workplace” and that the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell has started “Maoist-style ‘re-education’ in ‘diversity.’” The group also claims the repeal law will “violate the rights of those serving by forcing them to cohabit and shower with people who may desire them sexually” and “jeopardize the military’s health and blood supply, since homosexual men are far more likely to be promiscuous and to have STDs, including HIV/AIDS”
In 1996, Congress overwhelmingly enacted the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). But in 2003, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court struck down the state’s marriage law, and the state began issuing same-sex “marriage” licenses six months later, despite no change in the law. And in May 2012, a federal appeals court in Boston declared DOMA unconstitutional.
All candidates should be asked how they will defend marriage from this radical assault. It’s not enough to say they favor marriage if they also support same-sex “civil unions,” “domestic partnerships,” or “sexual orientation” laws, all of which incentivize homosexual relationships and devalue marriage. They should also be questioned about:
• The proposed Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), which would impose the homosexual political agenda on the workplace;
• A constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union only of one man and one woman;
• New policies giving marital benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees.
Servicemen and women put their lives on the line. They deserve policies that ensure maximum military readiness and the best chance to win wars and return home alive. That’s why Congress overwhelmingly passed a law in 1993 incorporating as policy the Uniform Code of Military Justice’s ban on homosexual sodomy. But now the federal government has overturned “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” We believe this is profoundly immoral on several levels. It would:
• Hurt unit cohesion, morale, retention, and recruitment;
• Violate the rights of those serving by forcing them to cohabit and shower with people who may desire them sexually;
• Jeopardize the military’s health and blood supply, since homosexual men are far more likely to be promiscuous and to have STDs, including HIV/AIDS;
• Force chaplains to resign or to jettison God’s Law in favor of political correctness;
• Subject all personnel to Maoist-style “re-education” in “diversity.”
Likewise, Congress should resist any effort eliminate women’s combat exemption.
Share this post
Pat Robertson, Who Said 'The Lord Told Me' that 'Romney Will Win,' Urges Viewers to Beware False Prophets
5/9/13 @ 1:00pm
Radio Host Frequented By Gun Activists Calls For Shooting of Bush Family & Obama, Sexual Violence Against Hillary Clinton
5/17/13 @ 2:37pm
Bachmann: 9/11 and Benghazi Were God's Judgment
5/10/13 @ 12:16pm
Robertson Tells Woman Whose Husband Cheated to Remember 'He's a Man' and be Grateful She Lives in America
5/15/13 @ 12:30pm
Bryan Fischer Won't Answer a Simple 'Yes' or 'No' Question
5/9/13 @ 11:37am
- Leftovers: Battle of the conspiracy theorists, "The Bizarre Sex Life of Mohammed" & Brad Dacus apologizes t.co/gyrF7hg8x64 minutes ago
- Rep. Tim Huelskamp says Obama will use welfare benefits to "buy" Latino voters for generations t.co/KqPJbes58h2 hours ago
- Rep. Huelskamp (R-KS) demands admin. answer Benghazi questions that have already been answered t.co/KqPJbes58h2 hours ago