Ten Demonstrably False Claims Made by David Barton
In honor of all the attention that David Barton's shoddy scholarship is currently receiving, we thought we'd take some time to pull together a list of some of the demonstrably false statements that he has made in just the last several months alone.
Keep in mind, these are not simply crazy things that he has said - like life begins before conception or that Jesus opposed the Minimum Wage or that the government should regulate gay sex - but rather verifiably false claims that can be easily refuted with a basic Google search.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center called him a "domestic terrorist." Nope.
- There are no grocery stores within the city of Detroit. Wrong.
- An elementary school student was yelled at for praying before lunch. Didn't happen.
- Mentions of Jesus were banned at military funerals. Not quite.
- Hate Crimes legislation was designed to imprison pastors. Please.
- Abstinence will make you richer. Guess again.
- God created our system of elected government. Nice try.
- The Constitution quotes the Bible "verbatim." Huh?
- Again claiming the Constitution quotes the Bible "verbatim." Still not true.
- Many of the clauses in the Constitution are "direct quotations out of the Bible." Are you seeing a pattern here?
It is too bad that Barton refuses to engage in debates because it would be nice to see him defend his own claims instead of always just complaining that people are attacking him because of his Christian faith.
Share this post
Glenn Beck Literally Stands Up And Applauds Parents Who Are Refusing To Have Their Children Vaccinated
9/18/14 @ 11:58am
Robertson: Violence In Bible Different From Quran Because God Commanded It
9/22/14 @ 12:40pm
Rick Joyner Had A Prophetic Dream Of Chaos And Revolution
9/19/14 @ 2:48pm
The GOP's Hate Summit: A Who's Who Of The 2014 Values Voter Summit
9/22/14 @ 11:37am
Pat Robertson: 'One Little Jewish Radical' Has 'Terrorized' Our Cowardly Military
9/18/14 @ 12:55pm