Right Wing Round-Up
Submitted by Kyle Mantyla on Monday, 4/6/2009 4:41 pm
- Our own Peter Montgomery has a post up on Religious Dispatches on the recent Iowa Supreme Court ruling.
- The Daily Beast reports that Republicans are threatening to filibuster President Obama's nominees if he moves to release the infamous Bush administration's "torture memos" - Drew has more over on the People For Blog.
- Nate Silver says that if Iowans were given the opportunity to vote on a marriage ban today, "it would pass with 56.0 percent of the vote. By 2012, however, the model projects a toss-up: 50.4 percent of Iowans voting to approve the ban, and 49.6 percent opposed. In 2013 and all subsequent years, the model thinks the marriage ban would fail."
- John Aravosis reports that Think Progress founder Judd Legum is running for office in Maryland.
- Tips-Q reports on both Alan Keyes and Steve Deace freaking out over the Iowa marriage ruling.
- Good as You has the audio of a rather remarkable discussion between Matt Barber and Steve Crampton of Liberty Counsel and a caller on their radio program.
- AU doesn't like efforts by David Lynch, with support from Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, to get Transcendental Meditation taught in schools.
Share this post
12/2/13 @ 3:29
11/27/13 @ 12:52
11/26/13 @ 10:32
11/25/13 @ 11:00
Remembering The Religious Right's Attacks On Nelson Mandela
12/5/13 @ 5:45pm
Land: Single Moms Selfish, Should Always Put Kids Up For Adoption
11/26/13 @ 1:25pm
Robertson: Muslim Neighbor Invited Demonic Presence Into Your Home
11/27/13 @ 2:45pm
Is Mark Driscoll A Serial Plagiarist?
11/27/13 @ 11:55am
Peter LaBarbera Wants To Stop The Gays From Ruining Thanksgiving!
11/27/13 @ 2:00pm