Right Wing Leftovers
Submitted by Kyle Mantyla on Wednesday, 3/3/2010 6:46 pm
- Don Wildmon is officially stepping down from his role at the American Family Association due to on-going health problems.
- Politico got its hands on a rather remarkable RNC fundraising presentation, and the RNC is already furiously backing away from it, calling its images and language "unacceptable" and saying "it will not be used by the Republican National Committee – in any capacity – in the future."
- Shirley Dobson has been dismissed from the lawsuit against the National Day of Prayer.
- Rick Perry has been the Governor of Texas for more than a decade, so why is he playing off his primary win last night as some sort of shot at the establishment?
- Rick Warren and the Jonas Brothers, together at last.
- Wow, FRC is really producing groundbreaking research.
- Finally, the quote of the day from Rev. Rob Schenck reacting to marriage equality officially coming to Washington DC today: "Let me remind everyone that there’s nothing new about what happened today at the Superior Court of the District of Columbia Marriage Bureau. In fact, it’s very old. Thousands of years ago, the world at the base of Mount Sinai looked very much like Indiana Avenue, NW, the street outside the Marriage Bureau office. Actually, it was far worse. On the Day of Pentecost, when the Christian Church was born at Jerusalem, Greco-Roman athletes competed in the nude and engaged in homosexual acts to titillate insatiably wild crowds. Worse, Roman men of stature kept wives to sire children by, but young boys as sexual play toys. Temple prostitutes were used and abused as an act of worship. It was into this kind of moral abandon that the Jews first taught God’s moral code and Christians later were called to evangelize. Both remain our challenge today. It was this kind of sin-sick, miserably wretched, often shockingly coarse and even frightening world that 'God so loved,' and to which He 'gave His only begotten son' ... If there’s anything to be disappointed about today here in the Nation’s Capital, it’s that we thought human progress had come so far, but, in fact, it has regressed."
Share this post
9/29/14 @ 4:40
9/29/14 @ 12:06
Glenn Beck Literally Stands Up And Applauds Parents Who Are Refusing To Have Their Children Vaccinated
9/18/14 @ 11:58am
Robertson: Violence In Bible Different From Quran Because God Commanded It
9/22/14 @ 12:40pm
Rick Joyner Had A Prophetic Dream Of Chaos And Revolution
9/19/14 @ 2:48pm
The GOP's Hate Summit: A Who's Who Of The 2014 Values Voter Summit
9/22/14 @ 11:37am
Fischer: The Sale Of Bacon Proves That America Is A Christian Nation
9/16/14 @ 11:38am