Right Wing Leftovers - 12/6/12
Submitted by Kyle Mantyla on Thursday, 12/6/2012 6:33 pm
- Sen. Jim DeMint is resigning from the Senate to become the next president of the Heritage Foundation and FRC's Tony Perkins is thrilled: "We are proud to partner with Heritage on numerous projects, including our annual Values Voter Summit and our recently completed national bus tour. With a good friend like Jim DeMint joining this great organization, I look forward to that partnership deepening even further."
- Speaking of the Values Voter Summit, regular VVS speaker Stephen Baldwin has been charged with tax evasion.
- We'll see how the Religious Right feels about Sheldon Adelson spending hundreds of millions of dollars on elections when they learn that he considers himself to be "basically a social liberal."
- The Barna Groups analyzes the role of faith in the 2012 election and finds that "Notional Christians — the large segment of voters who consider themselves to be Christian but are not born again — voted decisively in favor of Mr. Obama." Of course, this will not stop the Religious Right from insisting that all Christians share their views and must vote Republican.
- Rick Green is not happy with Bob Costas' commentary on gun violence, telling him to "study up on this issue, learn the facts, and apply some common sense." If only he'd give the same advice to David Barton.
- Finally, FRC prays that the Supreme Court will protect "traditional marriage": "God, our nation is flooded with sin and debauchery. Move upon our Supreme Court to uphold the Constitution, the laws of Congress, the will of the people, and 'the laws of nature and of nature's God.' Cause us to return to you. Send revival to your Church and awakening to our nation and a turning of the cultural tide, including our laws, politics and policy. Make us, yet, a City on a Hill and a light for You to the nations. Help us fervently to pray until our courts preserve natural, historic, biblical marriage just as You intended it!"
Share this post
5/24/13 @ 4:24
5/23/13 @ 5:29
5/23/13 @ 3:15
5/22/13 @ 5:31
5/22/13 @ 12:38
5/21/13 @ 5:30
Radio Host Frequented By Gun Activists Calls For Shooting of Bush Family & Obama, Sexual Violence Against Hillary Clinton
5/17/13 @ 2:37pm
Robertson Tells Woman Whose Husband Cheated to Remember 'He's a Man' and be Grateful She Lives in America
5/15/13 @ 12:30pm
Bradlee Dean Has Epic Meltdown over Minnesota's Gay Marriage Law
5/16/13 @ 2:15pm
Matt Barber Tweets Homophobic Cartoon of Gay Man Tricking Boy Scout into Sex
5/14/13 @ 3:10pm
Swanson & Buehner: New Gonorrhea Strain Sent By God to Punish America; Single Women Have No Rights
5/14/13 @ 2:20pm
- Round-Up: The RR freaks out over BSA vote, Sarah Palin is confused, & E.W. Jackson's excuse t.co/5Ib45WSyZy58 minutes ago
- Leftovers: Creating a new anti-gay BSA, Chuck Norris loves Tim Tebow, & "The Eye of Moloch" t.co/phsktRVHdp1 hour ago
- Bryan Fischer says BSA now stands for "Boy Sodomizers of America" & organization leaders will face God's judgment: t.co/Jav2nfU5Wa1 hour ago