Religious Right Groups Launch Annual Protest of 'Gay Day' at Disney
Just like last year, the Florida Family Association is getting ready to fly banners condemning “Gay Day” at Disney World this June.
In a press release, the group notes that “the State of Florida does NOT prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation,” urging Disney to exercise its “right to prohibit people from entering the park with tee shirts that promote LGBT behavior.”
FFA head David Caton told the American Family Association’s OneNewsNow the organization has two planes flying banners in English and Spanish telling people to avoid Disney World out of fear that there will be people “promoting their various alternative lifestyles.”
The AFA’s One Million Moms is also upset about Gay Day, urging members to contact Disney and tell them that they are acting in an “irresponsible” way by not forbidding the event which “is planned with the intent to expose and desensitize children to this lifestyle by same-sex couples holding hands, hugging and kissing.”
Gay Day at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World on Saturday, June 1, 2013 will expose thousands of children to lifestyle. Please send your email to officials.
How would you feel if you entered the Magic Kingdom anticipating a normal day of fun with your family only to witness thousands of same-sex couples holding hands, hugging, kissing and wearing tee-shirts that promoted their lifestyle?
Disney’s official email response to critics of Gay Day erroneously pretends that they have nothing to do with Gay Day and have no control over who enters their park. Disney’s email response is posted below. The following facts clearly contradict Disney’s position.
• Disney has prohibited drag queens from entering the Magic Kingdom following Gay Day 1991 when even the mainstream media reported in a negative light the estimated 1,800 cross dressers in the park with children. Yet, Disney continues to allow thousands of people to wear shirts promoting homosexuality.
• Dozens of gang members visiting Disneyland in California have been evicted after entering the park wearing gang colors according to Kenneth Green, Director of Corporate Communications. He said the company was concerned the groups might intimidate or invoke fear in the hearts of regular patrons.
So, Disney can see where a dozen people wearing gang colors might be offensive to regular families but not thousands of same-sex revelers wearing shirts that flaunt and promote homosexual, lesbian and transgender behavior.
• Disney provided special group discount tickets with a pink Mickey logo for Gay Day Patrons.
• Disney paid personnel to hand out special pamphlets to Gay Day patrons informing them of organized activities.
• Disney paid personnel to greet Gay Day patrons at the front gate.
• Disney recruited employees to be guides for special groups of Gay Day patrons.
• Disney gave free Disney tee shirts to people who complained that they did not know that the red shirt they innocently wore meant they supported Gay Day.
• The State of Florida does NOT prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Disney has clearly played a role in helping to sponsor this event for years and allows activities they could otherwise prevent. Disney has the right to prohibit people from entering the park with tee shirts that promote LGBT behavior but deliberately chooses to allow this to occur in the midst of thousands of children.
Share this post
Sandy Rios: Obama Used Islamic Subliminal Messages In The State Of The Union
1/21/15 @ 4:45pm
Bobby Jindal's Extremist Prayer Rally Brings Together Prophets, Bigots And Far-Right Activists
1/22/15 @ 1:00pm
Tony Perkins: Dearborn And Neighborhoods In Minneapolis Are Muslim No-Go Zones
1/20/15 @ 11:35am
Sarah Palin: Defeat Hillary Clinton By Calling Liberals The Real Racists And Sexists
1/24/15 @ 7:05pm
Mike Huckabee Falsely Claims Ted Nugent Changed The Lyrics To Sexually Explicit Song They Performed Together
1/21/15 @ 12:30pm