National Association of Scholars
221 Witherspoon Street, Second Floor
Princeton, New Jersey 08542-3215
President: Stephen H. Balch
Publications: NAS Update quarterly newsletter, Academic Questions quarterly journal, and Science Insights; and occasional reports
Finances: Has an income of less than $25,000 per year.
NAS Principle Issues:
- NAS was founded to bring together conservatives in academia to fight the "liberal bias" on college and university campuses and to target multiculturalism and affirmative-action policies.
- NAS organizes professors, graduate students, college administrators and trustees, and scholars who believe that there is a "[d]ogmatic hostility to Western civilization, and turning the study of non-Western cultures into an instrument for denouncing American society" on college campuses.
- Fights against the "[d]ecline in civility on college and university campuses."
NAS Principle Activities:
- NAS builds scholar networks, organizes panels, conferences, and lectures and creates NAS campus communities. NAS organizes outreach programs to recruit new members.
Major Right Wing Donors:
- Sarah Scaife Foundation
- The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, Inc
- Castle Rock Foundation
- John M. Olin Foundation
NAS's Board of Advisors:
- John H. Bunzel, Hoover Institution
- Edwin J. Delattre, American Enterprise Institute
- Chester E. Finn, Fordham Foundation
- Gertrude Himmelfarb, Independent Women's Forum
- Paul Hollander, National Review, Front Page Magazine
- Harry V. Jaffa, Claremont Institute
- Donald Kagan, Project for the New American Century
- Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, UN Ambassador under President Reagan, American Enterprise Institute
- Irving Kristol, American Enterprise Institute
- Richard D. Lamm, American Reform Party
- Leslie Lenkowsky, National Review
- Seymour Martin Lipset, Hoover Institution
- Christina Hoff Sommers, Independent Women's Forum
- Shelby Steele, Hoover Institution, Manhattan Institute
- Stephan Thernstrom, Manhattan Institute
- James Q. Wilson, Manhattan Institute
Updated July 2004
Organizations:National Association of Scholars
Phil Robertson: 'Rid The Earth Of' Gay Marriage Supporters
2/1/16 @ 10:20am
Michele Bachmann: Obama Seeks Global Domination As Battle Of Armageddon Approaches
2/1/16 @ 2:00pm
Sandy Rios: Beyoncé Ushering In The Antichrist With Her 'Black Racism' And 'Lawlessness'
2/9/16 @ 1:25pm
Nearly Everything Ted Cruz Said At Saturday's Debate Was A Lie
2/8/16 @ 12:40pm
Rick Joyner: A Carolina Panthers Super Bowl Win Will Be A Prophetic Sign Of The Third Great Awakening
2/1/16 @ 11:42am