Joseph Farah Warns Gay Athletes Like Michael Sam Will Harm 'Innocent Children'
WorldNetDaily editor Joseph Farah is upset about “the recent flood of self-outings” by gay athletes. In a column today, Farah suggests that gay athletes stay closeted, while at the same time wondering “why the announcement of a preference and practice of a certain type of sexual activity is considered a heroic act.”
He concludes that since “it is especially cool to be a ‘gay’ athlete,” Americans must be valuing “abhorrent sex” over “innocent children.”
In his first major televised interview on the situation on his friend Arsenio Hall’s show, [Magic] Johnson vehemently and even pridefully denied being homosexual – and was cheered by the studio audience.
Why is this significant 23 years later?
Because today sports stars who say they are “gay” are treated like heroes by sports franchises, the media and the public as well. Back in 1991, that clearly wasn’t the case.
It was always cool to be an athlete. But now it is especially cool to be a “gay” athlete. Consider the recent flood of self-outings:
• Robbie Rogers became the first openly “gay” male athlete to play in a professional American sporting match last year when he took the field for Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy during a match against the Seattle Sounders.
• Sheryl Swoopes, a retired WNBA star and coach of the Loyola University Chicago’s women’s basketball team, came out in 2005.
• Brittney Griner, selected No. 1 in the 2013 WNBA draft by the Phoenix Mercury, is openly “gay.”
• In an exclusive interview with CNN, former San Francisco 49ers player Kwame Harris came out as “gay” after rumors circulated in the media.
• Gareth Thomas of Wales spoke about being gay to a British news channel in 2009.
• Germany’s openly “gay” Judith Arndt won the silver medal in cycling at the 2012 Olympics.
What’s the takeaway? What am I suggesting?
• I believe there it is unhealthy for a society to obsess over sex – especially abhorrent sex. Let me say it loud and clear for all those professional athletes who have been forcibly muzzled by their franchises under cartel control.
• It wasn’t long ago that most Americans would have agreed that homosexual activity is sinful. I don’t know what the polls show today – or even if anyone would dare conduct such a poll. Today, our culture celebrates sin. I’ll let you decide for yourself if that’s a good thing.
• Innocent children are among the most enthusiastic consumers of sports. Has anyone besides Derrick Ward considered the impact this shift in cultural sensitivities has on them?
• And, lastly, can someone please explain to me why the announcement of a preference and practice of a certain type of sexual activity is considered a heroic act? I don’t get it. I’m eager to hear from those who agree or disagree.
Pat Buchanan: If Trump Loses, There Could Be A Revolution
8/12/16 @ 3:45pm
Rudy Giuliani: No Terrorist Attacks Occurred During The Bush Administration
8/15/16 @ 3:05pm
Janet Porter: God Will Hold You Accountable For Not Voting For Trump
8/22/16 @ 10:58am
Lance Wallnau: Trump's Wall 'Isn't About Mexico,' It's About Biblical Prophecy
8/19/16 @ 3:57pm
Family Security Matters: 'Muslim DNA' Makes Olympic Fencer Prone To 'Attacking Others With Knives'
8/18/16 @ 12:46pm