Intercollegiate Studies Institute
The Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is helping to identify, educate and promote the next generation of right-wing leaders, primarily through its funding of college newspapers, its speakers programs and its promotion of conservative professors and journalists.
Intercollegiate Studies Institute
3901 Centerville Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
Websites: www.isi.org and www.isibooks.orgBoard of Trustees]
Date Established: 1953
Finances: $10,669,218 (2004)
Publications: Campus America Student Newspaper, education pamphlets; Modern Age, quarterly review; The Intercollegiate Review, scholarship and opinion; Modern Age journal; The Political Science Reviewer; Continuity, semi-annual journal, Intercollegiate Review and its own publishing company, ISI Books.
Affiliated Groups: The Collegiate Network, Young America's Foundation and the Fund for American Studies.
President: T. Kenneth Cribb
Chairman: Edwin J. Feulner, Jr., president of the Heritage Foundation
Vice-President: John F. Lulves, Jr.
Board of Trustees: E. Victor Milione (President Emeritus); Jay Bayard Boyle, Jr. (Vice President); Alfred Regnery; Edwin Meese (former Atty. General for President Ronald Reagan); T. William Boxx; James Burnley; Richard Allen; Holland Coors (of Coors Brewing Company); M. Stanton Evans; Robert Miller; Marion Wells; George Carey; Arthur Rasmussen; Thomas Pauken; William Campbell; Merrill Moyer; and Edwin J. Feulner, Jr. [
Read the latest news on the Intercollegiate Studies Institute on the group's Right Wing Watch index page
The declared mission of the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI) is to combat the supposed left-wing indoctrination on college campuses by organizing lectures, conferences, publications, and fellowships for students and faculty, "ISI seeks to enhance the rising generation's knowledge of our nation's founding principles — limited government, individual liberty, personal responsibility, the rule of law, market economy, and moral norms."
- Sponsors the Collegiate Network, which supports over seventy different right-wing publications on college and university campuses. Publications include the Harvard Salient, Princeton Tory, Stanford Review, Yale Free Press, Duke Review, theRed and Blue at the University of Pennsylvania and the Virginia Advocate at the University of Virginia.
- ISI sponsors its own fellowship programs for graduate students whose work fits within its agenda.
- ISI hosts regional conferences for college students all over the United States.
- Promotes the hiring of conservative educators and journalists.
- ISI event speakers have included President Ronald Reagan, President George W. Bush (videotaped message), ISI alumnus Antonin Scalia, Senate Majority Whip Mitch McConnell, Doug Bandow, Dinesh D'Souza, Jeane Kirkpatrick, William F. Buckley and Marvin Olasky.
- ISI Books publishes the work of: Doug Bandow, Michael Barone, William Bennett, L. Brent Bozell, William F. Buckley and more than eighty right-wing authors.
Right-wing donors include: Sarah Scaife Foundation; Allegheny Foundation; The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation; Earhart Foundation; JM Foundation; John M. Olin Foundation; Philip M. McKenna Foundation; Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation; Castle Rock Foundation; and the Carthage Foundation.
Quotes about the Intercollegiate Studies Institute
"By the time the Reagan Revolution marched into Washington, I had the troops I needed—-thanks in no small measure to the work with American youth ISI has been doing since 1953. I am proud to count many ISI products among the workhorses of my two terms as President."— Ronald Reagan
"It's my pleasure…to support ISI, which is an organization that I was affiliated with long before I was who I am in Washington. I was a professor…when I first began to take part in the ISI program of trying to stimulate the intellectual debate in the nation's capital."— Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
"Were it not for the ISI chapter during my undergraduate days, I would not have gained the philosophical underpinnings that are necessary for one to develop political knowledge and understanding."— Edwin J. Feulner Jr., president of The Heritage Foundation and former chairman of ISI's Board of Trustees.
Updated: September 2006
Organizations:Intercollegiate Studies Institute
Rick Wiles: Satan Using Pokémon Go To Spawn 'Demonic Powers' And Murder Christians
7/13/16 @ 2:35pm
Phil Robertson: If Donald Trump Loses, I'll Go Into Hiding
7/21/16 @ 11:50am
Larry Klayman Suing Obama For Endangering His Life As A White Man
7/12/16 @ 4:52pm
RNC Descends Into Chaos When Presiding Chair Blocks Never Trump Delegates
7/18/16 @ 5:30pm
Rep. Steve King Defends Confederate Flag On Desk: Slavery Just 'Small Part' Of Civil War
7/15/16 @ 11:25am