FRC's Prayer Targets: Muslims Rallying On The Mall
The Family Research Council has released its latest list of prayer targets, and among them is one that seeks a modern day Esther to save Christians from destruction:
May God help millions to unite in fasting, and, as He delivered the Jews in Esther's day from plans to destroy them, may He grant us leaders who will reverse plans now in place to rob Americans of their religious and economic freedom.
Interestingly, the list also targeting a planned Muslim prayer rally on the National Mall:
Muslims on Capitol Hill -- The imam who organized a prayer rally on the National Mall last year hopes to bring 100,000 Muslims to Washington October 15th for what may become an annual "Jummah Prayer on Capitol Hill." Last year the group fell far short of its goal to rally 50,000 Muslims. Indeed, estimates are that from one to five thousand attendees, included Christians, were there. Christian lay evangelists and prayer warriors use the opportunity to reach Muslims.
* May Christians use this opportunity to share the gospel with Muslims! May efforts to advance Shari'ah law be met with overwhelming biblical truth, Christian love and firm political rejection.
You may recall that when organizers held this event last year, FRC, Lou Engle and others lost their minds and quickly mobilized to organize counter-events which culminated with the formation of a group called The Ad Hoc Committee of Americans for Transparency and Honesty in Religion which demanded that organizers of Muslim prayer rally denounce acts of terrorism:
Muslim Americans assure us that Islam categorically rejects terrorism and that the concept of "jihad" refers to a "spiritual struggle," and has nothing whatsoever to do with "holy war."
However, the Letter notes that, "Around the world, the overwhelming number of terrorist acts are carried out by Muslims, that many Muslim-American groups have terrorist ties and that justification for acts of violence against 'infidels' is found in the Koran."
Signers of the letter ask rally organizers to disavow the following acts of terrorism, "committed by Muslims, in the name of Islam":
• The 9/11 attacks (more than 3,000 dead)
• The 2002 bombing of a hotel in Netanya, Israel (30 killed)
• The 2002 Bali bombings (202 dead)
• The 2007 plot to murder soldiers at Ft. Dix
• The 2008 attacks in Mumbai, India (173 dead)
• The 2009 conspiracy to bomb a synagogue and Jewish community center in the Bronx
The letter asks recipients if they are "willing to join millions of other people of faith in America and denounce these and similar acts of terrorism?"
And all of this took place in a right-wing environment that wasn't nearly as swept up in anti-Muslim hysteria as today, so I can't even begin to imagine what sorts of insane reactions we are going to see from the Right when they learn that 100,000 Muslims may be gathering on the National Mall.
Share this post
Radio Host Frequented By Gun Activists Calls For Shooting of Bush Family & Obama, Sexual Violence Against Hillary Clinton
5/17/13 @ 2:37pm
Robertson Tells Woman Whose Husband Cheated to Remember 'He's a Man' and be Grateful She Lives in America
5/15/13 @ 12:30pm
Bradlee Dean Has Epic Meltdown over Minnesota's Gay Marriage Law
5/16/13 @ 2:15pm
Matt Barber Tweets Homophobic Cartoon of Gay Man Tricking Boy Scout into Sex
5/14/13 @ 3:10pm
Swanson & Buehner: New Gonorrhea Strain Sent By God to Punish America; Single Women Have No Rights
5/14/13 @ 2:20pm
- Round-Up: The RR freaks out over BSA vote, Sarah Palin is confused, & E.W. Jackson's excuse t.co/5Ib45WSyZy5 hours ago
- Leftovers: Creating a new anti-gay BSA, Chuck Norris loves Tim Tebow, & "The Eye of Moloch" t.co/phsktRVHdp6 hours ago
- Bryan Fischer says BSA now stands for "Boy Sodomizers of America" & organization leaders will face God's judgment: t.co/Jav2nfU5Wa6 hours ago