801 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Finances: 501(c)(4) lobbying organization
President: Kenneth Connor
Executive Director: Richard Lessner, Ph.D.
Formerly known as:American Renewal
FRC Action's Principal Issues:
- "A renewal of ethical monotheism and traditional Judeo-Christian standards of morality— the "Laws of Nature and Nature's God"— to which the founding fathers appealed in the Declaration of Independence." (From FRCAction's mission statement.)
- Pledges to fight until Roe v. Wade is repealed or reversed.
- Judiciary— FRCAction fights for conservative "strict constructionist" appointments.
- Rejects laws that give civil rights/civil liberties protections to gays and lesbians. Fights against laws that protect or recognize same-sex couples as a family.
- In 2001 and 2002 the group has been targeting Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle in his home state of South Dakota in newspaper and radio ads.
- In March 2002, as American Renewal (AR), the group delivered over 5,200 of their "pro-family citizen's petitions" to Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl. AR says that the petitions send the following message, "Millions of Americans who support traditional moral values want to see their elected representatives promote policies that strengthen the family as a special institution created by God."
- AR worked against same-sex marriage/civil unions in Vermont. AR continues to be involved in Vermont and pledges to be involved in any other state where same-sex marriage/civil unions are a legislative issue.
- Op-eds by AR's director appear in major newspapers such as the LA Times.
- AR sponsored a print media campaign on behalf of John Ashcroft, supporting his confirmation. Full-page ads appeared in USA Today and other major newspapers.
- Led the fight to reject the Clinton-appointee Joycelyn Elders from the post of U.S. Surgeon General.
- In 1996 AR successfully pressured the GOP to keep conservative "pro-family" statements and the anti-abortion plank in the Republican Party platform.
- Executive Director Richard Lessner was the senior campaign advisor for former FRC president Gary Bauer's failed bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2000.
[Updated February 2004]
Share this post
11/25/15 @ 10:40
11/19/15 @ 10:47
GOP Candidates Really Don't Want To Talk About 'Kill The Gays' Conference
11/18/15 @ 2:50pm
Marco Rubio: 'Ignore' Gay Marriage Decision Because 'God's Rules Always Win'
11/25/15 @ 11:40am
Texas GOPer Wants Vote On Secession From U.S.
11/25/15 @ 11:15am
Linda Harvey: Anti-Gay Activists Are Running Out Of Places To Shop!
11/25/15 @ 1:45pm
Shoebat: Those Killed At Paris Rock Concert Were Devil Worshippers Who Got What They Deserved
11/18/15 @ 2:42pm