Class Warfare from NOM’s Brian Brown
Submitted by Peter Montgomery on Friday, 7/20/2012 9:33 am
Conservatives of all stripes have indignantly cried “class warfare” in response to the Obama administration’s call for increased taxes on the richest Americans. They’ve denounced criticisms of Mitt Romney’s stealthy, wealthy approach to banking and taxes as anti-capitalist and un-American. They charge that liberals concerned about growing economic inequality are unfairly stoking resentment against successful people. Will the same conservatives now denounce a dangerously socialist-sounding fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage and its president Brian Brown?
In an appeal of less than 700 words, with the subject line "If You Only Open One Email From Me This Month...Make It This One," Brown sounds the alarm about “gay marriage billionaires” (twice), “wealthy homosexual activists” (twice), “elite fat cats,” and the “gay lobby’s money.” The Human Rights Campaign is described, without being named, as “the largest and wealthiest radical homosexual lobby in Washington.”
Politics of envy, anyone?
Full text of the Brian Brown email below:
Dear Marriage Supporter,The cultural elite and gay marriage billionaires are sitting fat and happy. Regrettably, they've got a lot to be happy about. In fact, from their perspective, gay marriage has never been closer to becoming the law of the land than it is today.You see, San Francisco's 9th Circuit Court of Appeals just refused to re-hear the decision striking down California's Proposition 8, the state's ballot initiative that protected traditional marriage; thus, the courts have attempted to silence the faithful voices of millions who gave their time and treasure to defend marriage through the democratic process.And with Barack Obama now throwing the full support of the White House and the federal government behind re-defining marriage for everyone, the historic understanding of one man and one woman is headed for the scrap heap if we don't take immediate action.But don't take my word for it. As Chad Griffin, the new President of the largest and wealthiest radical homosexual lobby in Washington bragged recently: "The end is now in sight" - the end of traditional marriage that is.The National Organization for Marriage is fighting back on your behalf but we need your emergency contribution of $25, $50, $100, or as much as you can give in this critical hour.The National Organization for Marriage has developed a 5-point action plan to fight back:
- Contact over 5 million pro-marriage activists across America to rally in favor of traditional marriage;
- Enact an all-out media blitz to demonstrate, with real-life examples, the importance of every child having a mother AND a father;
- Make sure that marriage is preserved in all the states where it is on the ballot this fall;
- Flood Congress with enough citizen outrage that they take immediate action to protect marriage and block Obama's attempts to redefine marriage;
- And, when necessary, pass a Federal Marriage Amendment that cannot be ruled unconstitutional by activist, pro-homosexual judges.In order to enact this plan and fight back on your behalf, the National Organization for Marriage needs your emergency contribution of $25, $50, $100, or as much as you can give today.The same-sex "marriage" lobby knows it cannot persuade the American people simply to discard marriage at the ballot box like an outdated institution. In fact, every time the issue is put to a democratic vote, Americans overwhelmingly reject gay marriage, in states across the nation - from California to Maine. That's why the homosexual lobby is working through activist judges who can impose radical legislation from the bench, and ambitious politicians who are all too willing to take the gay lobby's money as payment for working to redefine marriage.Barack Obama, arrogant San Francisco judges, and wealthy homosexual activists cannot be allowed to make gay marriage the law of the land by force. The historic understanding of marriage pre-dates the heavy hand of government. Only the American people should decide this issue. It's time to rally together and hold the line for marriage by defending our most cherished values with real action.So please make an urgent contribution of $25, $50, $100, or as much as you can give right now to protect the historic definition of marriage in America from unelected judges, gay activists, and government bureaucrats.Only you and I stand in the way of the elite fat cats and the gay marriage billionaires. Let's send a clear message to them and to Barack Obama, San Francisco's unelected judges, and Washington's homosexual activists who are now on the verge of re-defining marriage for everyone. Only the American people should decide the fate of marriage. I'm counting on your immediate contribution as the survival of traditional marriage is on the line.Faithfully,Brian BrownPresident, National Organization for MarriageP.S. San Francisco's 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has refused to re-hear the decision that struck down Proposition 8 - so the definition of marriage is heading to the Supreme Court. The very survival of traditional marriage is at stake as Barack Obama, arrogant judges, and wealthy homosexual activists are perilously close to re-defining marriage for everyone. So please follow this urgent link right now and make your voice heard in this critical moment.
8/23/16 @ 4:50
8/22/16 @ 2:49
8/15/16 @ 1:11
8/11/16 @ 2:42
Janet Porter: God Will Hold You Accountable For Not Voting For Trump
8/22/16 @ 10:58am
Rudy Giuliani: No Terrorist Attacks Occurred During The Bush Administration
8/15/16 @ 3:05pm
Lance Wallnau: Trump's Wall 'Isn't About Mexico,' It's About Biblical Prophecy
8/19/16 @ 3:57pm
Family Security Matters: 'Muslim DNA' Makes Olympic Fencer Prone To 'Attacking Others With Knives'
8/18/16 @ 12:46pm
Trump Supporter Tells Glenn Beck That If Trump Doesn't Build A Wall, 'We're Going To Come After Him Personally'
8/24/16 @ 2:09pm