Bachmann Joins Schenck, Childress, Gardner, and Others for PreNDA Press Conference
In Rob Schenck's latest video update, which we mentioned earlier, he said that he was going to be participating in a press conference pressing for passage of the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act, a piece of legislation introduced by Rep. Trent Franks that would "prohibit discrimination against the unborn on the basis of sex or race, and for other purposes."
Franks introduced the same legislation last year, but it never went anywhere, so he is apparently back to give it another try and has brought some of the more right-wing anti-abortion activists on board to rally support:
Congressman Trent Franks (AZ-02), a Member of the House Judiciary Committee, will host a press conference on Tuesday to introduce the Prenatal Nondiscrimation Act (“PreNDA”). PreNDA would prohibit knowingly performing or soliciting funding for race- or sex-selection abortion.
What: Press conference introducing the Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act
· Congressman Trent Franks (R-AZ)
· Congressman Mike Pence (R-IN), Republican Conference Chairman
· Congressman Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE)
· Congressman Doug Lamborn (R-CO)
· Day Gardner — President, National Black Pro-Life Union
· Reverend Clenard Childress — Northeast Region President of the Life Education And Resource Network (L.E.A.R.N.)
· Wendy Wright, President, Concerned Women for America
When: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 1:00p.m. EST
Faith and Action has now posted some photos from the press conference and indeed Wright, Gardner, and Childress were all there, as was Schenck.
Wright and Schenck are already well-known to readers of the blog, but you may not know much about the others, like Childress, who is listed as being associated with LEARN but is better known for his BlackGenocide.org website and the movement of the same name that he leads. Gardner is also active in that movement and known for making statements, such as she did before the election, that "Christians who vote for Obama are voting against the word of God."
But guess who also showed up:
That's right - Michele Bachmann, flanked by Gardner on the left and Schenck on the right (with Wright's blonde hair visible in the back.)
This photo pretty much tells you all you need to know about Rep. Bachmann and where any of the support for PreNDA will be coming from.
Share this post
Pat Robertson, Who Said 'The Lord Told Me' that 'Romney Will Win,' Urges Viewers to Beware False Prophets
5/9/13 @ 1:00pm
Bachmann: 9/11 and Benghazi Were God's Judgment
5/10/13 @ 12:16pm
Robertson Tells Woman Whose Husband Cheated to Remember 'He's a Man' and be Grateful She Lives in America
5/15/13 @ 12:30pm
Radio Host Frequented By Gun Activists Calls For Shooting of Bush Family & Obama, Sexual Violence Against Hillary Clinton
5/17/13 @ 2:37pm
Bryan Fischer Won't Answer a Simple 'Yes' or 'No' Question
5/9/13 @ 11:37am
- .@ChrisRodda1 Fleming was on with End Times radio host Rick Wiles talking about this again today: t.co/NEVBj2nISf13 hours ago
- Round-Up: CSCOPE Witch hunt, Criminalizing miscarriages? & Secret Service looking into Pete Santilli's rant t.co/jhv2V1jYR213 hours ago
- Leftovers: Farah's miraculous prayer event, The Glenn Beck/David Barton museum, & Prophesying the IRS scandal t.co/ocmcauCzwb13 hours ago