Anti-Gay Activist Gary Glenn Wins GOP Primary In Michigan
American Family Association of Michigan president Gary Glenn won a Republican primary for a seat in the Michigan state House yesterday, making him potentially the second most virulently anti-gay GOP candidate in the country, behind Colorado demon-hunter Gordon Klingenschmitt.
Glenn was a prominent supporter of Michigan’s 2004 constitutional amendment banning marriage equality and was a big backer of his “very special friend” Mike Huckabee’s 2008 presidential bid. As the head of the American Family Association’s Michigan affiliate, Glenn has pushed any number of extreme anti-gay positions:
- Wants states to be able to recriminalize homosexuality: “[W]e believe that states should be free to regulate and prohibit behavior that’s a violation of community standards and a proven threat to public health and safety — including, as most of the United States did throughout its history, homosexual behavior.”
- Warned that companies should be wary of hiring LGBT people.
- Wanted public schools to ban Gay Straight Alliances because they promote “homosexual propaganda” and “risky behavior.”
- Called anti-bullying measures the “Trojan horse” of “homosexual activists.”
- Was a plaintiff in a lawsuit to stop the 2009 federal hate crimes law by falsely claiming it would criminalize the Bible.
- Targeted openly gay state House candidate, narrating a robocall that used the word “homosexual” ten times.
This, of course, is all run of the mill for someone associated with the American Family Association.
Rick Wiles: Satan Using Pokémon Go To Spawn 'Demonic Powers' And Murder Christians
7/13/16 @ 2:35pm
Phil Robertson: If Donald Trump Loses, I'll Go Into Hiding
7/21/16 @ 11:50am
RNC Descends Into Chaos When Presiding Chair Blocks Never Trump Delegates
7/18/16 @ 5:30pm
Rep. Steve King Defends Confederate Flag On Desk: Slavery Just 'Small Part' Of Civil War
7/15/16 @ 11:25am
Former KKK Leader David Duke Is Running For Senate Because Donald Trump Is Championing His Issues
7/22/16 @ 11:45am