Accuracy in Academia
4455 Connecticut Ave., NW, Suite 330
Washington, DC 20008
Founded: by Reed Irvine in 1985
Executive Director: Malcolm "Mal" Kline
Finances: $285, 643 (2002 budget)
Publications: Campus Report, a monthly newspaper
Affiliated with: Accuracy in Media
- Main issues: combating Title IX, multicultural education, and abortion, and fighting "liberal" ideas that are offensive to right-wing students. Asserts that many colleges and universities are openly dedicated to "indoctrinating" students with liberal or communist philosophy.
- AIA seeks to expose "the exploitation of the classroom or university resources to indoctrinate students; discrimination against students, faculty or administrators based on political or academic beliefs; and campus violations of free speech."
- AIA monitors and documents "[t]he use of classroom and/or university resources to indoctrinate students." AIA's monthly publication Campus Report focuses on "three issues: the exploitation of the classroom or university resources to indoctrinate students; discrimination against students, faculty or administrators based on political or academic beliefs; and campus violations of free speech."
- Sponsors an annual "Conservative University" conference. Recent speakers include: John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime, Joseph Farah of WorldNetDaily, Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), Lori Waters of Eagle Forum and Conservative Caucus chairman Howard Phillips.
- Sells books such as Ann Coulter's Treason,Why the Left Hates America by Daniel Flynn and Preachers of Hate: Islam and the War on America by Kenneth Timmerman.
- AIA has characterized the NAACP's founder, W.E.B. Du Bois, as the "Father of Bad Multiculturalism." According to AIA, "W.E.B. Du Bois is the father of the multiculturalism that is currently pervasive on American campuses. This is a multiculturalism that is…preoccupied with the negative aspects, both real and imagined, of our own culture."
- Founded by Reed Irvine to monitor college and university professors for teaching "disinformation" and "liberal" bias. The group clamed that 10,000 known Marxists teach on university campuses nationwide.
- Accuracy, Fairness and Balance in Higher Education" published in 1985. According to AIA "youth are being indoctrinated" on liberal arts campuses.
- AIA will investigate reports from students of seriously inaccurate information being imparted by classroom instructors—either through lectures or required reading material.
- AIA will try to discuss the matter with the teacher to determine whether or not the complaint is valid and to see if the teacher would be willing to make a correction.
- In cases where the professor declines this opportunity, AIA will employ other means to call the error to the attention of students and others who may be interested, including AIA supporters throughout the country.
- In the eighties the group's monitoring campaign caused widespread controversy on higher education campuses, eliciting fear and anger among academics and students.
- President Reagan's Secretary of Education, William Bennett, called Irvine's academic watchdog group "a bad idea."
- Malcolm Kline was named AIA's new executive director in fall 2003. He worked at the National Journalism Center for twenty years. Kline has written for: Newsmax.com, National Catholic Register, Catholic News Service, and Washington Times's Insight magazine.
- AIA's former Executive Director was Daniel Flynn, author of Why the Left Hates America.
"Accuracy in Academia plays an indispensable role in fighting the political distortions and biases that pass for knowledge on today's college campuses. I am looking forward to being part of a campaign to challenge students to think more accurately and broad-mindedly about the fundamental issues that affect their lives." — Dinesh D'Souza, author and right-wing speaker
"Accuracy in Academia is reaching the leaders of tomorrow with the truth about the sexual revolution ignited in the 60s and raging today all about them. This awareness is critical to properly equipping the leaders of tomorrow. Accuracy in Academia is a lone voice carrying the message of truth and hope to a generation that seldom, if ever, is able to access the truth about America's crucial and fragile social constructs that have made us free. I am proud to stand with AIA as they relentlessly seek to provide to America's college student America's measured and true standard for a free society's smallest building block, marriage and family." — Judith A. Reisman, a right-wing speaker and author, published Crafting "Gay" Children: An Inquiry into the Abuse of Vulnerable Youth via Government Schooling & Mainstream Media in 2001.
"If sanity ever returns to the academic world, part of the credit will go to a small newspaper called Campus Report, which has exposed innumerable incidents of brainwashing replacing education on college campuses, storm trooper tactics being accepted and rewarded by 'responsible' college administrators, and academic and behavioral double standards being applied to the group to which one belongs, rather than one's own behavior or performance." — Thomas Sowell, author and syndicated columnist
Organizations:Accuracy in Academia
Chuck Norris Gets Behind The Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory
4/25/16 @ 12:05pm
Louie Gohmert: 'The Hippies And The Troublemakers' Are Taking Over
4/20/16 @ 10:39am
Pat Boone: God Will Punish Saturday Night Live For 'Taking Satan's Side'
4/20/16 @ 11:00am
Utah GOPer Says Access To Pornography Violates His 'Right To Not View It'
4/21/16 @ 3:05pm
Pat Boone: The Government Should Outlaw Blasphemy And Punish Saturday Night Live If It Blasphemes Again
4/22/16 @ 2:05pm